Seriola and Cobia Aquaculture Dialogue Draft Standards
The second—and final—public comment period for the draft standards for Seriola and Cobia aquaculture began August 19, 2013. The final standards will help minimize the potential negative environmental and social impacts associated with Seriola rivoliana, Seriola quinqueradiata, Seriola dumerili, Seriola lalandi and cobia aquaculture.
We encourage you to provide feedback on the draft standards by doing the following:
The draft standards are the product of the Seriola and Cobia Aquaculture Dialogue, a roundtable created in 2009 that includes producers, conservationists, scientists, and others. The roundtable is coordinated by WWF. The Steering Committee that manages the Dialogue process will use all feedback received during the public comment periods to revise the standards. Final standards are expected by the end of 2013.
General guidelines for submitting comments
- Include with the comments your full name and the name of the entity you represent.
- Group your comments together (e.g., general comments, comments for issue 1, comments for issue 2).
- Ensure that you fully understand each standard so that your comments are relevant.
- Your comments can be negative or positive but they must be constructive, clear and propose a solution to the issue raised.
- Keep your comments targeted to the standards.
- If you comment on a particular word, phrase or sentence, provide the page number and/or section number for that item.
- Provide references to relevant documents you know of that support your comments.
- Note: Commenting on the standards does not denote endorsement of the standards.