Manager, Paper Sector Engagement
As the manager of paper sector engagement, Keila helps US-based companies create and reach commitments related to the responsible sourcing of paper, tissue and paper-based packaging. This work involves assessing where and what type of forest the company’s fiber comes from, developing policies to avoid the risks associated with illegally-harvested wood, and more. Keila also provides guidance on the clean production aspects of paper manufacturing, including energy use, water use, and emissions control and abatement.
Prior to WWF, Keila worked for International Paper, both in the United States and Brazil. She coordinated the company’s environmental management systems, implemented Forest Stewardship Council chain-of-custody and performed various compliance audits.
“The work I do with US companies is very gratifying, as I know that the way in which paper products are made and consumed has a tremendous impact on the health of the world’s forests.”
More on Keila
- Post Graduate – Environmental Engineering, State University of Campinas in Brazil
- MEM– Environmental Management, Duke University
- BA – Business Administration, Brazilian Lutheran University
Areas of Expertise
- Forest Stewardship Council certification
- Supply-chain sustainability
- Risk assessment and mitigation
- Paper products life cycle
- Responsible purchasing policies