This report was authored by CDP and World Wildlife Fund (WWF). It is the result of a six-year effort that builds on the input and expertise of a wide array of climate, energy and corporate sustainability experts.
We would like to extend our appreciation to the many people and organizations who lent their support financially or through their expertise and experience as interviewees, reviewers or advisors.
We thank the following organizations for their rigorous analysis:
- McKinsey & Company, a global management-consulting firm, provided analytical support for this report.
- POINT380, a technical strategy firm that specializes in efficiency and renewable resources, provided valuable input, analysis, and content review to the report.
- Deloitte Consulting LLP provided the foundational analysis upon which this report was built.
We thank the following sponsor organizations for their financial support during the initial scoping process that formed the foundation of this report:
- Platinum Sponsors
CSX Corporation, Dell Inc., Sprint Nextel Corporation, The Coca-Cola Company
- Gold Sponsors
Intel Corporation, Kohl’s Corporation, MFS Investment Management
- Silver Sponsors
Avon Products, Inc., Best Buy Co. Inc., Brown-Forman Corporation, Legg Mason Inc., Norfolk Southern Corp., Raytheon Company, Stanley Black & Decker Inc.
We thank the following organizations for helping us better communicate the content of this report with businesses and other stakeholders:
- Fenton, a social impact communications firm, and Hart Research Associates, a strategic research and polling firm, interviewed Corporate Sustainability Officers and Executives at 21 companies for their views on the business case for climate protection.
- Citizen Group, a marketing, design and pro-social brand management agency, provided creative services and created complimentary public materials for this report.
- Todd Fincannon, a web consultant, provided technical support to develop the web version of the Carbon Target and Profit Calculator
- TRUTHstudio, a public interest strategy and visualization consultancy, provided data analysis and information design for key charts in this report.
- The AtKisson Group, a diversified global sustainability consulting firm, provided strategic advice and facilitated a stakeholder meeting to seek feedback on the report’s content.
- The Rockefeller Brothers Fund, a philanthropic organization, provided support for WWF and CDP to convene stakeholders to assess the findings and recommendations of this project in February 2013. As is the case with all materials resulting from meetings held at The Pocantico Center, the views expressed in this report are not necessarily those of the Rockefeller Brothers Fund, its trustees, or its staff.
Lead contributors for this report include:
- CDP: Zoe Tcholak-Antitch, Tom Carnac and Colin Harris
- WWF-US: Bryn Baker, Matt Banks, Rhys Gerholdt, Sara Gilbertson, Lou Leonard, Daphne Patterson, Aaron Sobel, Brad Schallert, and Marty Spitzer