Earth Hour Around You
On March 23rd, hundreds of millions of people switched off their lights for one hour in a display of universal commitment to protect the planet. Tell us how you and your community celebrated Earth Hour 2013.
All content represented on the map is user-generated.
Here’s how to contribute to the Earth Hour Map:
- Start your own Earth Hour event at your home, workplace, school or city.
- Sign up with our partner, MapHook, below. Once you've signed up you will be taken to a page on MapHook’s website.
- You will be able to add a description and a photo of your Earth Hour event on that page.
- Write the name of the establishment or place where you will spend Earth Hour in the top box where it says “Entry created on” and move the map on the right to where they are located.
- Choose “WWF” for the Main Category and “Earth Hour” for the sub-category to connect your photo to the map on this page.
- Once you're done, select "save" and this page will be saved as a "hook." Click on the map pins above to view your hooks.
Already a MapHook member? Click here to sign in and create an Earth Hour Hook.