Earth Hour For Businesses
What your business can do for Earth Hour:
Help us make a statement for our planet seen around the world.
On Saturday, March 28th at 8:30 PM, hundreds of millions of people around the globe will turn off their non-essential lights for one hour during Earth Hour to display a commitment to protect the one thing that unites us all – our planet.
Businesses and organizations are in a great position to show their commitment to protecting our planet by implementing practices and offering services that enable employees and customers to make changes to reduce their impact on the planet. Show employees and customers you’re supporting Earth Hour and contributing to global environmental change.
Here are some tips for how your business can support Earth Hour 2015 and showcase your business’ sustainability commitments and achievements with your customers, employees, peers and suppliers be it big or small:
- Sign up and show you support a sustainable future for our planet
- Switch off non-essential lights at 8:30pm on Saturday, March 28, 2015
- Turn off non-essential lights in your buildings, facilities and signage during Earth Hour 2015
- For larger buildings, plan ahead with facilities and building managers to manage the logistics of switching off non-essential lighting– including neon lights – in and around your properties.
- Spread the word and help us reach as many people as possible. You can promote Earth Hour to your employees, customers, suppliers and contacts through your website, newsletters, social media channels, in branches / stores or any other way you like. Click here for your Earth Hour starter kit.
- Bring Earth Hour into your office. Gather your colleagues for your own ‘Earth Hour’ in the week running up to Earth Hour. You could:
- Give a presentation promoting Earth Hour and the actions your business is taking to support it (you could also take the opportunity to highlight your CSR commitments).
- Hold a conservation hour or stage an office desk tidy to recycle all the papers you no longer need