Faculty Fellowship Application
Thank you for your interest in applying for a Train Fellowship.
Please read the following before continuing on to the application.
Faculty Fellowships support individuals pursuing a doctoral degree in social science, natural science and other conservation-related fields at any university around the world. After completing a degree, the individual must enhance, expand, or establish a graduate-level conservation program at a university in their home country.
Please review all guidelines before starting the application. Applicants may apply for up to three years of funding and request up to $30,000 per year.
The online application includes ten sections which include:
I. Personal Information
II. Contact Information
III. Employment Information
IV. Previous Work Experience
V. Educational Qualifications
VI. Proposed Academic Program
VII. Budget Information
VIII. Relationship with WWF
IX. Essay Section
X. Goal Essay Section
In addition to the online application you will also be asked to upload the following documents:
- Two letters of recommendation from teachers, professors, and/or professional colleagues. Recommendations from family members will not be accepted.
- A letter of support from a local/region university. This should include how you are affiliated with the university and the biggest conservation-related need they face at their institution.
- Most recent academic transcripts.
- Proof of admission to the academic program which may be a letter of acceptance or letter confirming submission of your university application.
- Document from the university listing program costs - i.e. tuition, fees, living expenses, books, etc. (if available)
- CV or resume detailing your professional and academic history.
- Proof of additional funding sources (if available)
All Train Fellows must complete a two year work requirement in his/her home country upon completion of the WWF-supported program. Only submit an application if you are committed to work in conservation and will conduct this work in your home country.
- Click on the link below to access the application.
- You may save and return to your application at any time. To save your application, click the "save" button at the bottom of the screen. We highly recommend saving your application every 5 minutes.
- Answer all questions completely. All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required before submission.
- When you have completed your application click the "submit" button at the bottom of the page. Once your application has been received you will receive a confirmation email from EFN.
- All completed applications must be submitted by the application deadline: March 1, 2016.
If you have any questions about the application or are having problems, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.