Why Travel with Us
For more than three decades, WWF has offered curious travelers the opportunity to explore the world's wild places. Together with our partner Natural Habitat Adventures, we take you on wildlife-viewing expeditions throughout the world.
Benefit from our Expertise
When you travel with WWF, you travel with the expertise of the world’s leading conservation organization.
- Hand-crafted itineraries: We consult WWF staff and other on-the-ground experts to help us create itineraries that maximize wildlife-viewing opportunities.
- WWF-trained guides: We help train guides at some of our destinations, emphasizing WWF’s work in that region and how tourism, when done properly, can be vital to communities, wildlife and habitats.
- WWF experts: WWF experts sometimes accompany tours, providing valuable information and insight to travelers.
- Educated travelers: Information on WWF’s work is provided in all pre-trip briefings to let you know what conservation activities to look out for.
- Continuous learning: Every traveler receives a complimentary subscription to World Wildlife magazine and to our e-newsletters, to keep you updated on WWF’s global conservation work.
- Conservation in action: Some itineraries include visits to WWF work sites or with on-the-ground WWF experts.
We plan our tours with conservation and the environment in mind. The only impact we leave on the places we visit is a positive one.
- Conservation: A portion of your tour cost is directly contributed to WWF’s general fund to support conservation work around the world.
- Accommodations: We use lodges, tented camps, hotels and inns that have sound environmental practices in place.
- Local communities: We visit communities that are motivated to manage their natural resources, including operating communal conservancies, wildlife reserves and sustainable tourism ventures.
- Ship-based tours: Our vessels for our ship-based tours make a smaller environmental impact than massive cruise ships. Aside from the wholeheartedly better travel experience they provide vs. large cruise ships, they have a smaller carbon footprint.
- Carbon neutral tours: All Natural Habitat Adventures trips are completely carbon neutral. We are working with our other tour operators to make all WWF tours carbon neutral in the future.
- Responsible travelers: We encourage travelers to consider offsetting their travel emissions when participating on a WWF tour.
Trust in our Partnerships
We only team up with tour operators that share our mission. As a result, we collaborate with some of the top U.S.-based leaders in tourism conservation.
- Best of the best: Natural Habitat Adventures was named “The World’s #1 Adventure Travel Outfitter” for 2013 by Outside Magazine.
- Carbon neutral travel: NHA is the world’s first carbon neutral travel company. That means it offsets 100% of the greenhouse gas emissions from its trips, its office and all operations associated with running its business.
- Small groups: Our small group sizes ensure an intimate travel experience. Our tours have a maximum of 12-16 guests; some are limited to as few as eight guests.
- First-rate leaders: We work with the finest expedition leaders. Our naturalist guides all undergo a rigorous vetting process and in-depth guide training.