WASHINGTON, DC, Nov 12th, 2013 – World Wildlife Fund (WWF) is excited to announce a first-ever online auction with Charitybuzz aimed at raising funds for WWF’s global conservation projects, including protecting giant panda habitat, tackling climate change and stopping wildlife crime. The WWF auction opened Nov. 8 at Charitybuzz.com/WWF and closes Dec. 2, 2013.
The holiday auction invites anyone from anywhere in the world to bid on exclusive, once-in-a-lifetime items and in-person experiences from well-known celebrities, entertainers, fashion world luminaries and sports stars. At the same time, bidders have the opportunity to make a meaningful difference for the planet.
Items and experiences up for auction include:
- Two tickets to the season finale of Project Runway and a meet & greet with Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn;
- Two meet & greet backstage passes with two front row tickets to an upcoming Yanni concert, and signed shoes from the world-renowned musician;
- Two tickets to an upcoming Blind Pilot show, including a backstage meet & greet, photo with the band, and an autographed album;
- Two tickets to the March 2014 premiere of the film Grace of Monaco;
- Two tickets to the Broadway show Chicago and a meet & greet with the cast backstage;
- Two orchestra tickets to the 2013 Radio City Christmas Spectacular, a private Radio City Stage Door Tour, and a photo opportunity with a Rockette;
- A signed ball and jersey from all-star Brooklyn Nets player Deron Williams through Excel Sports Management;
- A signed football from the NFL Network’s Thursday Night Football crew: Rich Eisen, Marshall Faulk, Michael Irvin, Steve Mariucci, Warren Sapp and Kurt Warner;
- A 3-month New York City membership to Equinox and three personal training sessions with a Tier 3 trainer;
- A mobile installation consisting of 12 custom-designed up-cycled PET bottles – an extension of the touring "Message in a Bottle" exhibit – by creative conservationist Asher Jay;
- Two tickets to a New York Fashion week event with backstage passes, hosted by Nanette Lepore;
- A $1000 shopping spree with a personal shopper from Juicy Couture;
- A visit to Marie Claire magazine’s coveted fashion closet and a meet & greet with editor-in-chief Anne Fulenwider; and
- A wildlife-viewing trip to see polar bears in the Canadian Arctic, from Natural Habitat Adventures.
“The story of conserving the world’s most magnificent places and species needs to be told,” said WWF’s Senior Vice President of Marketing and Communications Terry Macko. “We're grateful to our celebrity partners for lending their voice to this important cause. Together, we will reach new audiences, educate more people, and build support to secure a healthy future for our planet.”
See the full online auction by visiting: Charitybuzz.com/WWF
Charitybuzz raises funds for nonprofits around the globe through online auctions with the world’s most recognizable celebrities and brands. Featuring access to acclaimed actors and musicians, business and political leaders, star athletes, luxury travel, couture fashion, rare memorabilia and more, Charitybuzz brings its online community of bidders exclusive opportunities to live their dreams and make a difference. Since launching, Charitybuzz has raised more than $80 million for charity. To learn more, visit www.Charitybuzz.com, like us on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/Charitybuzz or follow us on Twitter at @Charitybuzz.
ABOUT WORLD WILDLIFE FUND
WWF is one of the world’s leading conservation organizations, working in 100 countries for over half a century. With the support of almost 5 million members worldwide, WWF is dedicated to delivering science-based solutions to preserve the diversity and abundance of life on Earth, halt the degradation of the environment and combat climate change. Visit www.worldwildlife.org to learn more and follow our news conversations on Twitter @WWFNews.
For more information, please contact:
Meryl Schrank, Charitybuzz, (646) 998-6172, email@example.com
Jenna Bonello, World Wildlife Fund, (202) 495-4541, firstname.lastname@example.org