These grants support short-term non-degree training that enhances skills necessary for effective conservation work and career advancement. The grant covers training costs up to US$5,000.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for an EFN professional development grant.
- Applicant must be a citizen and permanent resident of Cameroon, Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of Congo, Gabon, or Republic of Congo. Ex-patriots from outside the region will not be eligible regardless of legal status.
- Applicant must be a woman currently employed in conservation at a government agency, protected area, NGO, or educational institution.
- Applicant must have at least 6 months work experience in conservation.
- Applicant must have identified and applied to attend a training course relevant to her work. Conference attendance will not be supported under this initiative unless the applicant is presenting a paper or publication.
- Proposed training must be completed within 6 months and must not lead to an academic degree.Individuals currently enrolled in an academic degree program are not eligible.
- Applicant must have support of her supervisor with a guarantee that she will return to her position upon completing training.
- Applicants who have not received funding from EFN in the last 3 years with be given preference.
HOW TO APPLY
Application available online: https://app.wizehive.com/appform/login/congo
This year, EFN will review applications in 2 rounds:
1st Deadline: 1 MAY 2015
FINAL Deadline: 1 AUGUST 2015
Proposed training must take place at least 90 days AFTER the application deadline.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about this opportunity or your application.