EFN’s Reforestation Grant Program focuses on supporting communities in regaining ecological integrity and enhancing human wellbeing in deforested and degraded landscapes through forest restoration.
EFN is looking for organizations that will use this workshop opportunity to connect corridors, create buffer zones, improve degraded lands, restore watersheds, and expand forest cover while also allowing local stakeholders to connect with nature and become a vested part of a larger conservation program.
See below for grant guidelines or click here for a printable version.
Local organizations from the following WWF-US priority areas are eligible to apply:
- Amazon and Tropical Andes (Bolivia, Colombia, Ecuador, French Guiana, Guyana, Peru, Suriname)
- Borneo and Sumatra (Indonesia)
- Coastal East Africa (Kenya, Mozambique)
- Congo Basin (Cameroon, Central African Republic, Dem. Republic of Congo, Gabon, Republic of Congo)
- Eastern Himalayas (Bhutan, Nepal)
- Greater Mekong (Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Vietnam)
- Mesoamerican Reef (Belize, Guatemala, Honduras)
To be eligible for a Reforestation Grant, an organization must meet the following criteria:
- Your organization must be legally registered in an eligible country.
- Your organization must have a bank account.
- Your organization must conduct reforestation/restoration activities in a WWF-US priority area.
- Your organization must submit all required documents by the application deadline below.
- Your organization must complete all grant activities before August 31, 2018.
- The proposed project must include an active learning, practical skill component, or field-based learning activity that builds skills and knowledge for local stakeholders as part of the project activities.
Priority is given to local organizations that:
- conduct cost effective, native tree planting activities.
- focus on wildlife and WWF priority species (including tigers, forest elephants, and sloths).
- have not yet benefited from this opportunity.
The Reforestation Grant application is now closed.
EFN requires all applicants to complete an online application and provide a clear and compelling proposal that must include:
- A summary of the organization’s work to date and major accomplishments
- An overview of the need for the reforestation project including a description of the reforestation site with photos, conservation objectives, and other related project goals
- An explanation of how this reforestation project fits in with other conservation projects in the area, specifically WWF projects
- A detailed description of the proposed reforestation activity including: expected number of trees to be planted and hectares to be restored, tree species selected and why (please include Latin name and climate adaptability of the species selected), how climate projections are being taken into account in the research, stakeholder participation, long-term tree stewardship/maintenance plans, and expected conservation gains
- A detailed description about the training program — describe how it is building skills and knowledge of local stakeholders to advance conservation
- A project timeline
- Expected outcomes including: short-term (6 months — 1 year) and long-term expectations (1 + years)
- Method of evaluation — describe how you will measure the expected outcomes (i.e. surveys, monitoring, survival rate of planted trees)
- A CV for the main trainer and attach a brief biography for the other trainers
- A detailed project budget (not exceeding USD$15,000) - Administrative costs (including staff expenses) for the proposed training cannot exceed 15 percent of the total budget.
Please CLICK HERE to complete an application.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For more information on Reforestation Grants and other opportunities through EFN, send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The EFN Facebook group is also a great resource to learn about grant availability and other program news. EFN Facebook group is also a great resource to learn about grant availability and other program news.
Grant Management System provided by FluidReview