The Reforestation Grant Program focuses on supporting communities in regaining ecological integrity and enhancing human well-being in deforested and degraded landscapes through forest restoration and reforestation.
EFN is looking for organizations that will use this workshop opportunity to connect corridors, create buffer zones, improve degraded lands, restore watersheds, and expand forest cover while also allowing local stakeholders to connect with nature and become a vested part of a larger conservation program.
See below for grant guidelines.
Local organizations from the following countries are eligible to apply:
- Central African Republic
- Dem. Republic of Congo
- French Guiana
- Republic of Congo
To be eligible for a Reforestation Grant, an organization must meet the following criteria:
- Your organization must be legally registered in an eligible country.
- Your organization must have a bank account.
- Your organization must conduct reforestation/restoration activities in a WWF-US priority area.
- Your organization must submit all required documents by the application deadline below.
- Your organization must complete all grant activities (including planting) before August 31, 2021.
- The proposed project must include an active learning, practical skill component, or field-based learning activity that builds skills and knowledge for local stakeholders as part of the project activities.
Priority is given to local organizations that
- Plant 8,000 or more native tree species
- Focus on conservation and address the drivers of deforestation in the organizations' project area
All applicants must complete their application by November 25, 2020. Please be aware that EFN may take up to 90 days after the application deadline to review, select, and process grants.
EFN requires all applicants to complete an online application and provide a clear and compelling proposal that must include:
- A summary of the organization’s work to date and major accomplishments
- An overview of the need for the reforestation project including a description of the reforestation site with photos, conservation objectives, and other related project goals
- A detailed description of the proposed reforestation activity including: expected number of trees to be planted and hectares to be restored, tree species selected and why, how climate projections are being taken into account in the research, stakeholder participation, long-term tree stewardship/maintenance plans, and expected conservation gains
- A detailed description about the training program
- A project timeline
- Expected outcomes including: short-term (6 –12 months) and long-term expectations (1+ years)
- Method of evaluation—describe how you will measure the expected outcomes
- A CV for the main trainer
- A detailed project budget (not exceeding US $15,000)
Please CLICK HERE to complete an application.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For more information on Reforestation Grants and other opportunities through EFN, send an email message to [email protected].
Grant Management System provided by Submittable.